Pastel Accounting Short Courses Unisa Distance Learning
Trying to find a computerised accounting or Pastel course you can study at Unisa, or study from home? Here is a list of computerised accounting courses you can study through distance learning:
- ICB Short course: Junior Accountant – Computerised Bookkeeping
- SAGE Pastel Partner End User – Intermediate
- SAGE Pastel Partner End User – Advanced
- SAGE Pastel Partner Xpress
The best ways to study Computerised Bookkeeping?
It is necessary that the Accountant have the ability to complete the regular monthly accounting function on a computer. Students need to demonstrate this skills in Microsoft Office and the Pastel Accounting Package.
How will this course be structured?
In order to finish the Junior Bookkeeper Computerised Bookkeeper, trainees should finish all of the following Topics:
- Computerised Bookkeeping: Office Computing
- Standard PC Ideas
- Dealing with MS Windows and MS Windows Vista
- Working with the Web and Microsoft Internet Explorer and Microsoft Outlook
- Dealing with Microsoft Word
- Working with Microsoft Excel
- Dealing with Microsoft PowerPoint
Computerised Accounting: Pastel Accounting
With this subject the College will provide you with an academic licence for you to practice your activities and tasks. This licence stands from the point you register this on your computer till completion of that year, thus a calender year licence. Please keep in mind that this software application MAY NOT be used for commercial purposes, therefore you MAY NOT trade utilizing this instructional licence.
- Installation and Registration of Pastel Partner V11
- Pastel Language
- Producing and establishing a business in Pastel Partner V11
- Produce and Preserve General Journal Accounts
- Produce and Keep Provider Accounts
- Produce and Preserve Customer Accounts
- Produce and Preserve Inventory Products
- Take on Balances and Journals
- Supplier Processing
- Consumer Processing
- Cash Book, Petty Cash and Journal Processing
- Month end Treatments
- Year End Treatments
How will I be assessed?
Once you have actually effectively finished the essential assignments recommended by Skills Academy, you will have to effectively pass examinations with the ICB. In order to compose examinations with the ICB you will have to:
- Apply to the ICB and register with them to write their exams
- Submit a Portfolio of Proof to the ICB on the day of your tests
You will also be issued by the ICB with a Statement of Skills revealing the particular Unit Standards that you have actually finished. FASSET will award you with a System Requirement Certificate for any System Standards that you have finished.
As Skills Academy values education and appreciates our trainees, your completion award will be sent out to you through courier so that you get it as quickly as possible and with no delays.
When can I start?
You can begin right now. If you study via distance learning you can register today.
Distance Learning Bookkeeping Courses
Intrigued in certified bookkeeping qualifications with the Institute of Certified Bookkeepers? Take a look at this list:
- National Certificate: Bookkeeping
- FET Certificate: Accounting
- National Diploma: Technical Financial Accounting
- National Diploma: Financial Accounting
- National Certificate: Small Business Financial Management
- National Certificate: Public Sector Accounting
- Diploma: Public Sector Accounting
In the past you could study ICB courses at Unisa. This has actually fallen away, and Unisa not provides the ICB Courses. However, there are lots of home study colleges providing the ICB courses. So you can still study any of the ICB courses at a certified home study company.
You can likewise think about studying accounting or bookkeeping courses at Unisa, where these courses are Unisa qualifications, and not ICB qualifications.
There are a number of things you should consider if you want to study among the ICB courses by means of distance learning. Or if you want to study an accounting or accounting course with Unisa. Here is a list of the key questions from prospective bookkeeping and accounting trainees.
- Comparing Unisa research studies with ICB research studies
- The distinction between accounting courses and accounting courses
- Accounting and Accounting Courses at Unisa
- Financial Accounting Courses at Unisa
- Unisa Accounting Courses
- Unisa Bookkeeping Courses
- Unisa Course Charges
- Alternative Choices
- Study a Diploma Course
- Unisa Bookkeeping Diploma
- ICB Diploma Courses
- Study a Greater Certificate
- ICB Business Management Courses
- Unisa Bookkeeping Higher Certificate
- ICB Bookkeeping Greater Certificates
- Short Courses
- Unisa Short Course in Pastel Accounting
- ICB Short Courses
- Post-Matric Qualifications at the ICB
- Distance Learning
- Financial Accounting Programme
- Office Administration Program
- Company Management Program
- Entrepreneurship Program
- Public Sector Accounting Programme
- Study Materials and Textbooks
- Register for an ICB course
- Extra assistance for Distance Learning Students
- Work Opportunities
- Course Costs
ICB Qualifications academic levels
ICB qualifications start at NQF level 3, and goes up to NQF level 6. So you can get in among the ICB programmes even if you do not have a matric certificate. And if you accomplish the highest level ICB certification, then you have a Diploma at NQF level 6. So you are simply one level below a degree.
The ICB Diploma level qualifications you can aim for are:
- National Diploma: Financial Accounting (NQF 6).
- National Diploma: Technical Financial Accounting (NQF 5).
- Diploma: Public Sector Accounting (NQF 5).
- Diploma: Office Administration (NQF 6).
If you are going for an Unisa degree like the Bachelor of Accounting Sciences in Financial Accounting (NQF level 7 credentials), then you will need to comply with their entryway requirements of a National Elder Certificate (Matric Certificate) with a Bachelor’s pass; with a minimum of 50% in the language of teaching and at least 60% in Mathematics.
The entryway requirements for ICB courses.
You can go into any among the ICB programs at the NQF 3 level. That means you can begin their courses with a Grade 9 or Standard 7 school pass.
The ICB likewise recognise other training you have actually done, your work experience and your age, as factors to consider when you obtain entry.
You need to have the ability to comprehend the study product, which is in English. The ICB courses start at a very basic level, so regarding make them available to students from several instructional backgrounds.
Often students who left school, can do the ICB courses when they have acquired some work experience. Most of the ICB home study trainees are working adults, who have actually missed out on the opportunity to complete school, and go on to school based education.
Choice requirements for ICB trainees.
The ICB has a variety of distance learning course suppliers. For these students there are five examination sessions in 2017. Much of these trainees are home study and part-time study students. Generally students who meet the scholastic entrance requirements, will get a place with one of the correspondence course service providers.
Trainees who do not meet the academic requirements, can still use. The ICB can give you entrance based on your age; work experience and other training courses you have done.
The ICB academic entry requirements are grade 9 (requirement 7). The ICB programs all begin at NQF level 3; suggesting that even if you never ever finished matric, you will still be able to deal with the work.
ICB application and registration procedure.
To begin studying among the ICB courses you have to take the following actions:
- Apply to one of the course companies.
- Complete your registration with the course provider and pay your registration fee and more study charges.
- Register with the ICB for your test – you can choose from five test sessions in 2017.
- You can choose to write one examination at a time, or register for 3 or four tests.
- Pay your examination fees.
- Get your portfolio of evidence from the ICB once you have signed up for the exam.
- Total your portfolio of proof prior to the test, and take it to the examination session with you.
- Hand in your test and your portfolio of proof at the end of your test.
You can get the ICB Application and exam files here: ICB Application.
ICB trainee number limits.
The ICB does not position a limit on student numbers. If you wish to study on a campus, at a classroom service provider, then there will be a limitation to the variety of seats in the classes.
When you choose distance learning, you will find a course company that has area for you. Do not wait till the eleventh hour. Make sure you use early, to offer yourself the very best chance.
When you sign up with the ICB, you have to bear in mind the following different charges:
- Course service provider fees – charges you pay the college where you study.
- ICB student subscription yearly fees.
- Exam charges.
Here is a link to a comprehensive post on all the fees you need to comprehend. ICB Registration Costs 2017.
The ICB provides five exam sessions for home study trainees in 2017.
You will find the complete list of ICB examination dates and subjects here. ICB Evaluation Dates 2017.
Student success with the ICB.
The ICB accredits and ensures the quality of training provided by their training companies. They set the examinations, and they set the curriculum. They approve the study products. And in this way the ICB makes sure that students get the best chance possible.
The ICB also checks its recognized companies. And they even do surprise assessments. With this energetic work done to guarantee quality education, and to guarantee students get great assistance, study products, and certified speakers – pass rates are high.
In the world of work, you will find that employers are happy to pay for their personnel to study with the ICB. Since they know that their staff will learn real abilities they can use in the workplace, and they understand that the students have a very good chance of passing.
Students who struggle, can rewrite any test, so you get more than as soon as possibility to pass and complete your course.
Acknowledgment for your studies.
On the ICB program, you get acknowledgment for every level of the program you pass. So as you pass a level, you will get a certificate to acknowledge your success. This implies that if you never complete the entire program, you still have a certificate for each level to place on your wall. Your college may likewise give you a subject conclusion for every single subject you complete.
The plan is that you don’t leave empty-handed once you have passed a subject or a level in the program.
The distinction between accounting courses and bookkeeping courses.
At the ICB bookkeeping courses refer the lower levels of the program. As you continue to the higher levels, the certification names alter to “Accounting”.
So “accounting” is just the introductory levels, and “accounting” is the greater levels.
When you work as an accountant, you are mainly hectic with the precise recording of a company’s transactions and finances. As you get promoted, you might begin dealing with the analysis and reporting on those numbers. Then you are an accounting professional.
Study Products and Textbooks.
When you study from home with Skills Academy, all your books and study notes are consisted of in your course fees. The distance learning study materials are authorized and recommended by the ICB, so you understand that you are getting the right study materials to pass your ICB tests.
The ICB has lots of exam centres throughout South Africa. If you are not close enough to a test centre, then you can request personal invigilation. However, this is typically an expensive alternative.
Here is an in-depth explanation of the exam dates and processes: Skills Academy ICB Exam Registration Process and Dates.
Here is a list of the ICB exam centres: https://www.icb.org.za/exams/exam-centres.html
Last Upgraded: March 24th, 2017.